Mr. Delanghe is admitted to practice and handles cases in Colorado, numerous federal jurisdictions, and across the border in his home province of Ontario, Canada. He represents clients in matters involving complex commercial litigation, construction, real estate disputes, derivative actions and creditors’ rights. Mr. Delanghe was named a Rising Star by Colorado Super Lawyers magazine in 2016.
- Commercial Litigation:
- Assisted in two-day arbitration involving allegations of bad faith/deceptive practices in the purchase and sale of a national commercial appliance company.
- Selected to represent national insurance company as part of their national trial team.
- Assisted in successfully defending medical device manufacturer from product nationwide defect claims.
- Represented a global leader in household and commercial appliances in certain consumer class actions nationwide.
- Obtained summary judgment for an insurer against an insured claiming upwards of $150,000 in property and other losses.
- Represented an insurer in resolving claims stemming from the defective construction of a $250 million development.
- Franchise Litigation:
- Obtained injunctive relief for a national franchisor for a franchisee’s violations of their franchise agreement.
- Creditors’ and Shareholders’ Rights:
- Assisted on numerous derivative actions, shareholders’ rights, and creditors’ rights actions.
- Appellate Experience:
- Assisted in preparing petition for certiorari review that was granted and fully briefed to argument at the Colorado Supreme Court on novel issue.
- Reviewed and made recommendations on hundreds of petitions for certiorari seeking appellate review.
- Assisted with researching and briefing on published opinions of the Colorado Supreme Court.
Published Orders and Opinions
- Martinez v. Hartford Underwriters Ins. Co., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 67635 (D. Colo. May 15, 2014); Martinez v. Hartford Underwriters Ins. Co., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 142195, 2014 WL 4968293 (D. Colo. Oct. 6, 2014).
- Woodstock v. Boyd, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 34299 (D. Colo. Feb. 25, 2014); Woodstock v. Boyd, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 34296 (D. Colo. Mar. 17, 2014).
- People v. Hoskin, 2016 CO 63, 380 P.3d 130, 2016 Colo. LEXIS 976 (Colo. 2016).
Publications and Conference Materials
- Swimming in the Titanic’s Wake: What Reactionary Regulation Means For Industry, presented at the Federation of Corporate Counsel (FDCC) Annual Meeting in Munich, Germany
- Jurisdiction and Forum Issues in Canada, presented at the 2010 Practising Law Institute International Litigation Conference in New York
Prior Professional Experience
- RedJays Partners, LLC, Co-Founder and CEO
- Perkins Coie LLP, Associate (2014-2016)
- Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell LLP, Associate (2012-2014)
- Appellate Law Clerk to the Honorable Justice Nathan B. Coats, Colorado Supreme Court (2011-2012)
- Appellate Intern to the Honorable Nancy E. Rice, Colorado Supreme Court (2011)
- McMillan LLP, Summer Associate (2007); Associate (2008-2010)
- Law Society of Upper Canada, 2009
- Colorado, 2011
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2012
- Bachelor of Administrative and Commercial Studies (International and Comparative Studies Concentration), University of Western Ontario, 2005
- Juris Doctor (Canada), University of Windsor, 2008
- Juris Doctor, University of Colorado, 2011