Mr. Glasser is a commercial trial lawyer whose practice is devoted to resolving business disputes. Mr. Glasser has been named by Colorado Super Lawyers magazine as a Super Lawyer for five consecutive years (2015-2019) and as a Rising Star in 2009, 2012, 2013. In addition, Mr. Glasser has an AV Preeminent Rating, the highest rating available from Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Glasser has been selected for recognition in Best Lawyers in America and America’s Top 100 Bet-the Company Litigators.
- Business Litigation:
- Represented the buyer of a limited liability company on claims for breach of a multi-million-dollar promissory note. Litigated counterclaims based on seller’s breach of warranty, violation of the non-compete and non-solicitation provisions in the purchase agreement and theft of trade secrets.
- Conducted a multi-week arbitration involving the forced buy-out of one member of a three-member limited liability company.
- Represented the buyer of a limited liability company on claims stemming from the breach of a promissory note provided in connection with the seller’s carry-back financing. Litigated counterclaims for breach of warranty and fraud in the inducement.
- Conducted a week-long jury trial, on behalf of an international equipment manufacturer. Recovered final payment in full, obtained an award of attorney’s fees and defeated a $1.6 million counterclaim stemming from alleged equipment defects.
- Served as lead trial counsel in a multi-week arbitration involving the forced buy-out of a stockholder in a closely-held corporation. Successfully recovered the value of the stock, all attorney’s fees and costs, and defeated all claims alleging the theft of trade secrets, the solicitation of customers and breach of a non-competition agreement.
- Represented an oil field services employee in the defense of claims stemming from the alleged theft of trade secrets and violation of his non-compete.
- Represented founders of a biotech company with claims stemming from their ouster and attempt to buy back stock at below-market value.
- Assist, on an on-going basis, a national restoration contractor with various claims stemming from its insured construction work.
- Litigated, to a favorable verdict, personal injury claims arising from alleged negligence in the handling of a residential construction project.
- Represent homeowner in resolving claims stemming from defective construction work.
- Handled a four-day jury trial on behalf of an underground utility contractor involving claims for mechanic’s lien foreclosure, breach of contract and violations of the Colorado Trust Fund Statute.
- Real Estate Litigation:
- Assisted the owners of a multi-million-dollar shopping center in Phoenix, Arizona in resolving their dispute with a fellow owner.
- Defended a national bank in a multi-party dispute involving title to real estate on which the lender held a second deed of trust.
- Represent the owner of high-end residential real estate in connection with multiple boundary and title issues stemming from adverse possession.
- Creditors’ Rights:
- Assisted a national travel agency in pursuing claims against a bankrupt cruise line and rebates from the Federal Maritime Commission.
- Represented an international cement supplier in connection with a claim against a Canadian oil field service provider in Chapter 11.
- Advised a debt investor in New York media company regarding collection alternatives in bankruptcy.
- Represented a Chapter 11 Trustee in the resolution of secured claims on a multi-million-dollar real estate development subject to multiple mechanic’s liens.
- Assisted a home improvement product supplier in the strategic purchase of secured debt and the strategic restructuring of operations.
- Represented an international investment banking group in the pursuit of personal guarantee claims stemming from investments in the Bakken Oilfield of North Dakota.
- Gametech International, Inc. v. Trend Gaming Systems, L.L.C., 264 F Supp.2d 906 (Ariz. 2003)
- Morris v. Belfor USA Group, Inc., 201 P.3d 1253 (Colo. App. 2008)
- Treasurer and Board Member, Rocky Mountain Children’s Health Foundation
- President, Colorado Chapter of the International Network of Boutique and Independent Law Firms
- Past Board Member, Downtown Denver YMCA
Other Professional Experience
- Fennemore Craig, PC, Of Counsel (2007-2009)
- Kutak Rock, LLP, Associate (2006-2007)
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP, Associate (2002-2006)
- Jones Vargas, Summer Associate (1998); Associate (1999-2001)
Articles and Presentations
- Controlling Damages in Technology Cases, E-Commerce, Internet & Technology Law Section, State Bar of Arizona (March 2005).
- Navigating The New Colorado Roofing Repair Law – Part 1, Cleaning and Restoration Magazine, A Publication of the Restoration Industry Association (November/December 2012 Issue).
- Navigating The New Colorado Roofing Repair Law – Part 2, Cleaning and Restoration Magazine, A Publication of the Restoration Industry Association (January 2013 Issue).
- Restoration Industry Association Webinar: New Colorado Roofing Law Has National Impact – How To Thrive in the Face of Evolving Regulations (September 2012).
Professional and Community Activities
- Board of Advisors, Downtown Denver YMCA
- Attorney Admissions and Law School Committee, Colorado State Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- University of Wyoming National Ambassadors
- Colorado Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of Nevada
- Litigation Section, American Bar Association
- Colorado, 2006
- Arizona, 2002
- Nevada, 1999
Education and Honors
- B.A., University of Wyoming, 1996
- J.D., University of Wyoming, 1999
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Alan B. Johnson, U.S. District Court, Cheyenne, Wyoming, 1998