Ms. Osgood is admitted to practice in Colorado. She represents the business interests of companies and individuals. She counsels clients in all aspects of civil litigation from pre-litigation counseling and investigation through appeal. Ms. Osgood specializes in matters involving business divorce, contract disputes, business torts, officer and director liability, member and manager liability, and employment matters.
Ms. Osgood was named by Colorado Super Lawyers magazine as a Rising Star from 2010 through 2018. She was also inducted into the Litigation Counsel of America as a fellow in 2018.
- Represented directors in a public company in a multi-million-dollar shareholder class action suit involving claims related to securities violations.
- Represented and defended a corporation and individual officer and director in a multi-million-dollar shareholder derivative suit for breaches of fiduciary duty related to a residential real estate development.
- Defended an internet service provider in a multi-million-dollar shareholder lawsuit alleging various securities violations.
- Assisted in representing and negotiated a resolution for a defendant in litigation related to a ponzi scheme involving Internal Revenue Code Section 1031.
- Represented a member of a Colorado limited liability company in a contested dissolution.
- Represented a member in a Colorado limited liability company in trial through appeal on issues related to the duties of a manager during the winding up of the company.
- Assisted a private tech company in a dispute over a former employee’s theft of trade secrets and violation of a covenant not to compete.
Other Professional Experience
- Burns, Figa & Will, P.C., Associate (2004-2010), Shareholder (2010-2018)
- Irwin & Boesen, P.C., Associate (2003-2004)
Professional and Community Activities
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Litigation Section, American Bar Association
- Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Colorado
Education and Honors
- B.S., high honors, Lehigh University (Business and Economics), 2000
- JD., cum laude, Syracuse University, 2003
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow (2018)
- Litigation Counsel of America, Associate Fellow (2012 – 2017)
- Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star (2010 – 2019)